Kendall Catwalk (Attempt)
June 18, 2006.
A warmup hike with Bryan and Srikanth for what was to come: snow, stream
crossings, route finding, glissading, and more snow. We got within a
half mile of the Catwalk, but decided it was a wee bit too dangerous
to attempt without crampons and ice axes. Still, some good photos.
Bryan took some of these. (~10 miles round trip, ~2500 ft. gain)
Pacific Crest Trail
A Wet, Rough Trail:
One of two large waterfalls on the trail.
(1) Bryan and Srikanth inspecting a tough stream crossing
below the waterfall.
(2) Bryan with some tricky moves.
(3) Ah, waterproof boots are nice.
(4) Maneuvering around some blow out.
(5) Bryan's Ansel Adams interpretation.
(6) Another waterfall.
A Few Peaks:
(1) Guye Peak.
(2) More Red Mountain.
A Dicey Approach:
View to the west below Kendall Peak.
(1) There's I-90. A good looking drive in its own right.
(2) Bryan hanging out.
(3) Deciding to turn around, with Snoqualmie Mountain
in the background maybe?
Last modified: Nov 27, 2011