West Fork Foss Lakes
July 2, 2006. A somewhat taxing 14-mile, 3000+ ft hike that I brought ("dragged") Srikanth along on. :) Very pretty though, and a refreshing set of lakes that were warm enough to take a dip in. (14 miles round trip, 3200 ft. gain)
Trout to Big Heart Lakes
We got a really late start at the trail head (11:30 AM), so
sun was already glaring at Trout Lake.
(1) Switch backs on the way to Copper. Numerous flowers.
(2) Bald Eagle Peak.
(3) Waterfall from the confluence of Copper and Malachite Lakes.
(4) Zoomed in.
Some really bad afternoon lighting. But the water was fine.
Little Heart Lake:
Smaller than expected.
Big Heart Lake:
Looks great even in the bad lighting. Too bad we only had
time to stay here for a couple minutes (at our leisurely
pace, it was 5 PM by this time).
One great thing about hiking out late is the soft evening
light that lets you take cascading waterfall pictures like
(1) By the crossing of Copper's outflow.
(4) And that waterfall with some flowers.
Evening by Trout Lake.
(1) Glacier Peak on the way to Big Heart.
(2) Wildflowers by Big Heart.
Last modified: Nov 27, 2011